- 2-2/3 cup flour
- 3/4 cup powdered milk
- 2 T sugar
- 1 package quick-rise yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-2/3 cup warm water (110-115)
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 1/2 lb ground chuck
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 (8oz) block of mozzarella cheese
- Sauce (I make the day before):
- 1 (6oz) can of tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 t salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 T dried oregano
- 1/2 T dried basil
- 1/2 t dried rosemary
Preheat oven to 475.
Spray 18 x 13 sheet pan with Pam and lay parchment paper down.
Add flour, powdered milk, sugar, yeast, and salt to a large bowl. Whisk to blend.
Add oil to warm water. Pour into flour mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until batter forms. Don’t worry about lumps – you just want no dry spots.
Spread dough onto a sheet pan with fingertips until even. If the dough doesn’t want to cooperate then let it rest for 5 min and try again.
Bake just the crust for 8-10 min. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Brown meats (add salt and pepper) until it resembles crumbles. Drain, set aside.
- Get out the sauce.
- To partially baked crust assemble:
- Spread sauce all over the crust.
- Sprinkle meats.
- Sprinkle cheese.
- Bake at 475 for 8-10 min. Until the cheese starts to brown.
- Let stand 5 min, cut into slices and serve