+For the pie:
° 1 large lemon
° 4 large eggs
° Half a cup of melted butter
° 1 teaspoon vanilla
° 1½ cup sugar
° 1 (9-inch) uncooked pie crust (you can use an iced deep dish if desired)
+For first place: (Optional)
° 1 cup whipping cream
° 2 tablespoons of sugar
*To prepare :
1. Take the pie crust out of the freezer or make your own. You can use a deep frozen pie crust, that will work perfectly. You only need to place it on a muffin pan as a metal pan is not that strong but if you are using a glass pan you don’t need to do this.
2. Then immediately preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Next, you have to wash the lemons, then cut and remove all the seeds (don’t peel them, you’ll mix the whole lemon!) and make sure to put them in a high-powered blender (such as a vitamix).
4. Add the eggs, butter, vanilla and sugar and mix until smooth. It is best to start at strength 5 and then move up to 10.
5. In your pie, pour the batter and bake until set, about 40 minutes.
6. Once set, cool and then refrigerate.
# to top:
7. Place the mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 20 minutes. Add whipping cream and sugar. whip to peaks.
8. Slice the pie and serve it chilled with a little whipped cream on top. You can even enjoy it warm (it won’t be as strong) or room temperature, but best of all cold.